Dr. Walter Bryzik
Wayne State University
Bryzik serves as the Chief Scientist of the US Army Tank-Automotive Research, Development, and Engineering Center (TARDEC) since 1991. He is one of two individuals who hold the Army’s highest Scientific/Technical Rank (ST-5) in recognition of his pioneering technical achievements as a world class leader in advanced ground vehicle technology. Currently he is the National Chair of the Army Senior Level Scientists organization and has served as Co-chair of the Defense Senior Level Scientists organization. Bryzik served at TARDEC in various capacities since 1968, and previously as a research engineer at the Ford Motor Company Research Center.
He founded the SEA National Army ST Chapter, which won a Chapter of the Year Award in 1993. He has served continuously as Chapter President and prime advocate within SEA for Senior Level Scientific/Technical Professionals, working on issues such as pay equity, and presidential rank award recognition for senior professionals.
Graduating with a B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) in Engineering from the University of Detroit, Bryzik continued his education with an M.S. and Doctorate in Engineering from the University of Detroit; M.A. in Business Management, Central Michigan University.
Bryzik received a Distinguished Presidential Rank award and has also been elected as a Fellow Grade member of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Other awards include the Socius Collegii Award (Wayne State University), SAE Arch T. Colwell Award , Army Science Conference Gold Medallion Award, Federal Scientist of the Year Award, and Japanese Government National Award for Cooperative Science.
- SERC-2013-TR-039-1-Tradespace and Affordability – Phase 1
- SERC-2013-TR-039-2-Tradespace and Affordability – Phase 2
- SERC-2014-TR-039-3--ilities Tradespace and Affordability Project – Phase 3
- SERC-2016-TR-101-System Qualities Ontology, Tradespace and Affordability (SQOTA) Project – Phase 4
- SERC-2017-TR-105-System Qualities Ontology, Tradespace and Affordability (SQOTA) Project Phase 5
- SERC-2013-TR-040-1-Quantitative Risk – Phase 1
- SERC-2013-TR-040-2-Quantitative Risk – Phase 1
- SERC-2013-TR-040-3-Quantitative Risk – Phases 1 & 2
- SERC-2015-TR-040-4-Quantitative Risk
- SERC-2011-TR-015-1-Vehicle Systems Engineering and Integration Activities
- SERC-2011-TR-015-2-Vehicle Systems Engineering and Integration Activities – Phase 2
- SERC-2011-TR-015-3-Vehicle Systems Engineering and Integration Activities – Phase 3
- SERC-2011-TR-015-4-Vehicle Systems Engineering and Integration Activities – Phase 4
- SERC-2011-TR-015-5-Vehicle Systems Engineering and Integration Activities
- Presentation - Systems Engineering Research at Wayne State University: An Overview
- Presentation - Risk Exposure Leading Indicators
- Presentation - Trust under Uncertainty – Quantitative Risk
- Presentation - RT 26 Vehicle Systems Engineering and Integration Activities