HOW TO INITIATE A RESEARCH TASK
Step 1 Contact DASD(SE)
- The sponsor e-mails a short description of the needed research to osd.atl.asdre.se(at)mail.mil
- The Office of the DASD(SE) (ODASD(SE)) determines if the requirements are within the scope of the SERC contract and helps develop the Statement of Work (SOW).
- The ODASD(SE) sends the sponsor instructions for sending funds for the research task.
Step 2 Provide Funding
- Send funding per instructions provided by the ODASD(SE). This is typically in the form of a Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR).
- ODASD(SE) sends a receipt for the MIPR.
- The contracting office sends the request for a proposal to the SERC.
Step 3 Develop Proposal
- The SERC submits a proposal to the contracting officer and ODASD(SE).
Step 4 Awarding of a Research Task
- ODASD(SE) develops a draft technical evaluation which they coordinate with the sponsor.
- Depending on the proposal, additional funds may be required. Once sufficient funds are in place, the research task is awarded. iii. Any funding remaining after award are returned.
Step 5 Kick-off Meeting
- After award, the SERC will develop a Technical and Management Workplan, and schedule a kick-off meeting to review the plan and address any concerns or additional requirements.
Step 6 Conduct/Complete the Research Task
- The SERC sends the sponsor the deliverables associated with the research, such as the bimonthly status reports and the final report.
- Once all the deliverables have been received, any remaining funds are returned to the sponsor.
- ODASD(SE) sends the sponsor a survey requesting feedback on the SERC’s performance.