Tim Sherburne joined the Systems Engineering staff at the University of Virginia (UVA) in 2018 and is supporting Mission Aware research through rapid prototyping. Prior to joining UVA, Tim worked for more than 30 years at Motorola Solutions in various Software Development and Systems Engineering roles defining and building mission critical public safety communications systems. Tim has a BS in Electrical Engineering from Marquette University and an MS in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Chicago. He has three US patents.
- Systemic Security and the Role of Heterarchical Design in Cyber-Physical Systems
- Methods to Evaluate Cost/Technical Risk and Opportunity Decisions for Security Assurance in Design
- Risk Based Approach to Cyber Vulnerability Assessment
- Security Engineering – Design Patterns and Operational Concepts
- Security Engineering – Decision Support Tool