Dr. Michael Yukish
Pennsylvania State University
Dr. Michael Yukish is the Head of the Manufacturing Product and Process Design Department at Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) of The Pennsylvania State University. The focus of his research at ARL is in the areas of multidisciplinary design optimization, simulation based design, and conceptual trade space exploration for complex systems.
Dr. Yukish received a B.S. in Physics from Old Dominion University in 1983, and an M.S. and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (with a minor in Computer Science) from The Pennsylvania State University in 1997 and 2004 respectively.
From 1985 to 1992 Dr. Yukish served on active duty in the United States Navy as a Naval Aviator. He has over 1800 flight hours in the E-2C Hawkeye and the T-2C Buckeye. He is now a Commander in the US Naval Reserve, supporting the Naval Air Systems Command as an Aviation Engineering Duty Officer.
- SERC-2013-TR-039-1-Tradespace and Affordability – Phase 1
- SERC-2013-TR-039-2-Tradespace and Affordability – Phase 2
- SERC-2014-TR-039-3--ilities Tradespace and Affordability Project – Phase 3
- SERC-2016-TR-101-System Qualities Ontology, Tradespace and Affordability (SQOTA) Project – Phase 4
- SERC-2017-TR-105-System Qualities Ontology, Tradespace and Affordability (SQOTA) Project Phase 5
- SERC-2018-TR-108-System Qualities (SQs) Ontology, Tradespace and Affordability (SQOTA), Phase 6