I am a second year PhD candidate in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University. At the moment I am advised by Prof. Carl Elks as part of the Dependable Cyber-Physical Systems laboratory. My current research is in the area of cyber assurance and generally the area of cyber vulnerability assessment. Additionally, I am also passionate about engineering outreach, especially to underrepresented groups. Presently, I’m exercising that as part of GSAB.
As an undergraduate at VCU, I was an officer of IEEE and was involved in the establishment of the Autonomous Robotics Group. I worked in navigation algorithms for flight control systems, hardware in the loop flight simulators, and wireless mesh networks for collaborative missions in the VCU Unmanned Aerial Vehicles laboratory through summer research opportunities and the Vertically Integrated Project under Prof. Robert Klenke. My capstone project was to design and implement a prototype of an Automated Magnetic Field Scanning System for Jefferson Laboratory.
In addition to my research interests, I also enjoy the study of philosophy, especially the ethics of science; poetry, photography, and cooking. You can access my programming projects, photographs, and book ratings. You probably shouldn’t follow me on twitter.
- SERC-2016-TR-156-Transition of System-Aware Technology into Practice (Task 1) and Mission-Level Cybersecurity and Solution & the Selection of Decision Support Tools (Task 2)
- SERC-2017-TR-114-Security Engineering – FY17 Systems Aware Cybersecurity
- SERC-2019-TR-002-Model-based Engineering for Functional Risk Assessment and Design of Cyber Resilient Systems
- Conference Paper - Cyber-Physical Systems Modeling for Security Using SysML
- Conference Paper - MISSION AWARE : Evidence-Based, Mission-Centric Cybersecurity Analysis
- Conference Paper - A Model-Based Approach to Security Analysis for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Conference Paper - A Systems Approach for Eliciting Mission-Centric Security Requirements
- Poster - Security Engineering
- Presentation - Security Engineering 2018