The networked national resource to further systems research and its impact on issues of national and global significance.
SERC UPDATES | DECEMBER 2021
- SERC Concludes Annual Research Review:
- Event Resources:
- SERC Chief Scientist, Dr. Dan DeLaurentis named INCOSE Fellow
- SERC Researcher Dr. Paul Grogan named INCOSE Systems Engineering Journal Reviewer of the Year
- Cyber Resilient Weapon Systems Body of Knowledge (CRWS-BoK) Portal Released
- Information Architecture Framework Released with Key Input from SERC Researchers
- In case you missed it, the recording from our most recent SERC Talks “Test and Evaluation” series are now available:
- SERC Talks “How is T&E Transforming to Adequately Assess DOD Systems in Complex Operating Environments?” with Dr. Sandra Hobson, Deputy Director for Strategic Initiatives, Policy and Emerging Technologies, Office of the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation, Office of the Secretary of Defense
- SERC Talks “Progress in Test and Evaluation of AI-enabled Systems in the DoD” with Dr. Yevgeniya “Jane” Pinelis, Chief, Test, Evaluation, and Assessment, Department of Defense Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC)
- SERC Talks “What Does Test & Evaluation Mean in a Digital Engineering Enabled World?” with Dr. Darryl K. Ahner, P.E., Director, Scientific Test and Analysis Techniques Center of Excellence (STAT COE), Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
- SERC Researchers Work with Systems Engineering Community to Tackle Digital Engineering Metrics
- SERC Researchers Contribute to Textbook on Systems Engineering and Artificial Intelligence
- SERC Investigators Focus on Cyber and Operational Resilience
- NDIA’s Systems and Mission Engineering Conference Features SERC Research
- Jan. 29, 2022 | INCOSE International Workshop 2022 (Hybrid | Torrance, CA)
- Mar. 24-26, 2022 | CSER 2022 at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Trondheim, Norway)
- Apr. 25-28, 2022 | IEEE SysCon 2022 (Montreal, Canada)
- May 11-12, 2022 | Naval Postgraduate School’s 19th Annual Acquisition Research Symposium (Virtual)
- May 21-24, 2022 | The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE) Annual Conference & Expo 2022 (Seattle, WA)
- Jun. 25-30, 2022 | INCOSE International Symposium 2022 (Hybrid | Detroit, MI)
- Jul. 5-8, 2022 | The 29th International Society of Transdisciplinary Engineering (ISTE) | TE 2022: The Future of Engineering (Cambridge, MA)
- Sep. 27, 2022 | The Netherlands Organisation (TNO) Embedded Systems Institute (ESI) Symposium (Eindhoven, Netherlands)
- Oct. 24-26, 2022 | IEEE International Symposium on Systems Engineering 2022 (Vienna, Austria)
CALLS FOR SUBMISSION - UPCOMING DEADLINES
- Dec. 15, 2021 | Call for Papers – Systems Engineering Journal Special Issue: Digital Engineering: Enabling Digital Transformation of Engineering, Processes, and Enterprises
- Jan. 7, 2022 | Call for Abstracts – The 29th International Society of Transdisciplinary Engineering (ISTE) | TE 2022: The Future of Engineering (July 5-8, 2022 | Cambridge, MA)
- Jan. 15, 2022 | SERC Researchers lead special issues of INCOSE Insight | Call for Abstracts
- Jun. 25, 2022 | Call for Submissions: IEEE International Symposium on Systems Engineering 2022 (October 24-26, 2022 | Vienna, Austria)
Registration Open for Heat 2 of the Defense Data Grand Prix (Deadline: Jan. 30, 2022)
- SERC Researcher presents with INCOSE to the Royal Academy of Engineering
- To provide up-to-date and readily accessible information throughout our Collaborator network as well as to our Sponsors and the larger systems engineering community, we invite Collaborators to submit updates here to be included in future releases of SERC UPDATES.
- SERC Publications Search Features available on the SERC Website
- SERC Report Templates available for download
Multiple opportunities at the University of Arizona:
- Tenured/tenure-track faculty in Software Engineering.
- Professor of Practice in Software Engineering.
- Multiple 1-year appointments for Software Engineering practitioners to support program and course development.
- Tenured/tenure-track faculty in Space Situational Awareness.
- Multiple postdoc/research professor positions in the areas of digital engineering/MBSE, V&V of intelligent systems, foundations of SE, and/or cognitive assistants for SE.
Interested candidates should reach out directly to Dr. Alejandro Salado.